
Phi Phi Island, June 2011
Floating in the middle of nowhere, somewhere I thought I knew. Everywhere I look, I see blue, vast, empty, deep, blue. The only thing which sets me afloat was the fancy, cheaply made life-vest, loosely fitted over my body. I'm sure I was tempted to free myself from that life-saving, floating contraption as I can almost hear the depths beyond, faintly calling for my name - to dive in right into the dark, filled with uncertainty, depths of phi phi, just below me.
I love underwater photographs! I used to use an underwater digital camera, but really, it's not the same as using an underwater film one.
ReplyDeleteIt gives it a really dreamy look.
I would also be tempted to swim without a life vest. To swim freely in the ocean, is both a fear and a dream of mine.
That's exactly what I thought as well! Both fear and dream, true.
DeleteAnyway,the last time I went to swim out in the sea, there was this underwater current (i guess) which simultaneously pushed me further away from the shore, making it difficult to swim back and man, t'was no joke.